Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech[_2_] Jim Rech[_2_] is offline

Default info on faceid

When you change the style to msoButtonCaption the .Caption property is both
the caption and the tool tip. That is unless you supply a different tooltip
using the .TooltipText property. Then that value is shown as the tool tip
instead of the caption

With the msoButtonCaption style there is no need for a FaceID value since
there is no image shown.

You can show both an icon and a caption however if you use this style:
msoButtonIconAndCaption. This makes for a pretty big tool button but then a
long caption does too.
--
Jim
"JohnE" wrote in message
| Jim, thanks for the info. Then for the FaceID do I put something like
| "Refresh" (using quotes), as the .Caption was for the tool tip when
hovering
| over the button?
| ... John
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| If you want to see the caption instead of an icon you have to change the
| button's style:
|
| With Btn
| .Style = msoButtonCaption
|

| --
| Jim
| "JohnE" wrote in message
| | Hello. I'm using Excel 2003 and setting up several buttons. Rather
then
| | picture, the users would prefer text on the button face. Here is a
sample
| of
| | setting the properties but I am not sure of how text is entered for
the
| | .FaceID. If anyone knows, please let me know.
| |
| | Set Btn = Tb.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
| | With Btn
| | ' .FaceId =
| | .OnAction = "Refresh_Metric"
| | .Caption = "This will refresh existing workbook."
| | End With
| |