Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Files In A Subdirectory

Try soemthing like this. I sometimes have problem with a search pattern like

"*abc*.xls" so I did the compare in two steps. First look for XLS files
then use INSTR to find the particular string you want to match.

Folder = "C:\temp"
First = true
do
if First = True then
FName = Dir(Folder & "\*.xls)
First = False
else
FName = Dir()
end if
if FName < "" then
if instr(FName,"Search String") 0 then
'Enter Your code here
end if
end if
loop while FName < ""

"Sheldon Potolsky" wrote:

From Excel VBA, with a spreadsheet open, I would like to store the
list of all files ending in .XLS, in filename order, in the directory
that spreadsheet is in. I would then want to process each of those
files (in filename order) and, based on a certain string I'm looking
for within the filename, do some processing based on that filename.
It's probably pretty straightforward but I would appreciate any code
suggestions anyone may have.
Thank you,
Sheldon