Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] crferguson@gmail.com is offline

Default VB code stalls when file is shared

On Apr 15, 11:26*am, "PCLIVE" wrote:
Is there a way to view the VB code and step through the procedure while the
Workbook is Shared?

What's happening is:
When the workbook is not shared, the code runs fine. *But when it is shared,
the computer's processor revs-up and the fans kick in and the application
just hangs. *The code is not complex. *This is a combo box on a form. *And
when it changes, I have the following code to run. *In attempt to rule out
vigorous calculation, as you can see, I've set it to manual. *Any ideas why
this would cause the system to hang when the file is shared?

Private Sub ModelGroup_Change()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("ModelsDataSheet").Activate
'SWSubForm.ModelName.Text = Range("K1").Value

* * * * Range("E1").AutoFilter Field:=1
* * * * Range("K2:K65536").ClearContents
* * * * Range("E1").AutoFilter Field:=1,
Criteria1:=SWSubForm.ModelGroup.Text
* * * * Range("F2:F" & Range("F65536").Row).Copy
* * * * Range("K2").Select
* * * * ActiveSheet.Paste

Sheets("Submission Log").Activate
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Thanks in Advance,
Paul

--

From my experience it's --because<-- the file is shared. You may
want to try unsharing the file, running the code, and then resharing