Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default VB code stalls when file is shared

Is there a way to view the VB code and step through the procedure while the
Workbook is Shared?

What's happening is:
When the workbook is not shared, the code runs fine. But when it is shared,
the computer's processor revs-up and the fans kick in and the application
just hangs. The code is not complex. This is a combo box on a form. And
when it changes, I have the following code to run. In attempt to rule out
vigorous calculation, as you can see, I've set it to manual. Any ideas why
this would cause the system to hang when the file is shared?

Private Sub ModelGroup_Change()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("ModelsDataSheet").Activate
'SWSubForm.ModelName.Text = Range("K1").Value

Range("E1").AutoFilter Field:=1
Range("K2:K65536").ClearContents
Range("E1").AutoFilter Field:=1,
Criteria1:=SWSubForm.ModelGroup.Text
Range("F2:F" & Range("F65536").Row).Copy
Range("K2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Sheets("Submission Log").Activate
Application.ScreenUpdating = True