Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Josh Sale Josh Sale is offline

Default Creating a Ribbon in XL2003?

I have some users who are totally enamored with the new XL 2007 ribbon
interface (doesn't matter why ... they just do) and they now want my Excel
based application to use a ribbon even when running under XL 2003.

So I'm thinking of picking up a 3rd party ribbon control (say from
Infragistics) and hosting it in either a taskpane or a non-modal dialog that
is kind of docked below the XL 2003 toolbars. So this "ribbon" would reside
below the XL2003 menu, toolbars, etc.

I'm just curious if anybody has been down this path already? If so any
advice? Taskpane vs non-modal dialog? Choice of 3rd party ribbon control?
Other?

TIA,

josh