Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Oldjay Oldjay is offline

Default Close workbook

That didn't work. It steped thru if but didn't see Tempdata. I even tried to
add .xls just in case that worked. Maybe there is a better way to do what I
want. Why I am checking to see if Tempdata was left open is because I need to
copy data to it then save it under a other name.
Here is the first part of the sub If Tempdata is open then you can't save it
because another workbook is all ready open and the sub fails

Sub SaveNewQuot() ' Saves input data for new quote

Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Keeps screen from updating thereby
speeding routine
Application.DisplayAlerts = False 'Suppresses normal alerts

Dim Quote1 As String
Dim quotenumber1 As String
Dim numbersave As String
Dim QuoteRecords As String
Dim username As String

username = Application.username

numbersave = Range("C4") 'Save Estimate # to the variable "numbersave"

Range("I190:J191").Select ' Reset FOB and origin
Selection.Copy
Range("B190").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas

For Each wkb In Workbooks
If wkb.Name = "Tempdata" Then
wkb.Close
End If
Next wkb

Workbooks.Add
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="TempData.xls"

Windows("Master5.xls").Activate 'Customer info & part description
Range("C4:C34").Select
Selection.Copy
Windows("TempData.XLS").Activate
Range("C4").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas

"Alex Simmons" wrote:

On Apr 14, 7:15 pm, Oldjay wrote:
Thiat worked but I didn't tell you everything.

Sometimes Tempdata .xlx is open but not the active workbook

"Gary''s Student" wrote:
Try:

If ActiveWorkbook.Name = "Tempdata" Then
ActiveWorkbook.Close

Gary''s Student - gsnu200779

"Oldjay" wrote:

I want tp close tempdata if it is open