Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SteveDB1 SteveDB1 is offline

Default selecting workbook

Hi.
A while back I recorded a macro to select a worksheet from one workbook, and
then place that into another workbook.

I'd like to take this to the next step where I choose the workbook.
I have the following code, and get a " subscript out of range" error.

Dim WkBkName As String
Dim WkBkName1 As String

'
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\TR Claim Book.xlt" _
, Editable:=True

WkBkName = InputBox(Prompt:="enter workbook name of where to copy
worksheet", Title:="Copy worksheet to existing workbook")

WkBkName1 = "S:\Users Shared\UserName\DTR\Active Files\" & WkBkName & ".xlsx"

Sheets("Tab # ").Select
Workbooks(WkBkName1).Activate
Sheets("Tab # ").Copy After:=Workbooks(WkBkName1).Sheets(Sheets.Count)

When I click the debug button, and mouse over the line that's highlighted in
yellow

"Workbooks(WkBkName1).Activate"

it shows the name of my file in a small message box.
what am I missing?

Thank you.