Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Cursors and Mousepointer

There are several sites out there for changing the cursor. Here is another:

http://www.itexpressions.com/customcursor.shtml

"Geoff" wrote:

Thanks but the primary link is to change the mousepointer on a form, which I
can already do. The secondary links on the site are to do with existing
cursor shapes.

What I am seeking is to replace the xlWait cursor on a worksheet with an icon.

Geoff

"Alex Simmons" wrote:

On Apr 13, 12:25 pm, Geoff wrote:
Hi
On a form I use this to indicate activity
Me.MousePointer = fmMousePointerCustom
Me.MouseIcon = LoadPicture(Application.Path & "\MSN.ico")
then reset using
Me.MousePointer = fmMousePointerDefault

How can Application.Cursor = xlWait be changed to show the same?

Geoff

Take a look at this post on Daily Dose of Excel, which uses API calls
to change the cursor:

http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...system-cursor/

Alex