Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
K[_2_] K[_2_] is offline

Default VLOOKUP OR MATCH FORMULA

On 13 Apr, 00:23, anon wrote:
I've tested and it seems to work for me, but without your exact
spreadsheet i can't say for sure what's happening at your end.

Broken down this is what the formula is doing (so you might spot what
isn't working)

=IF(AND(VLOOKUP($G$1,$C$2:$D$11,1,FALSE)=$G$1, *find the value in g1
somewhere in the range c2:d11

VLOOKUP($F$2,$A$2:$B$11,1,FALSE)=$F$2) now find the value in f2
somewhere in the range c2:d11

VLOOKU**P($F$2,$A$2:$B$11,2,FALSE),0) if both found then find the
value of f2 somewhere in the range a2:b11 and return the value 1
column to the right of where it is found

I think the problem may lie in the fact that you don't want to search
for what is in F2 every time. If so post back and we can adjust.

Please see the link below where i uploaded my file and explained
everything which will be easy for you to understand
http://www.savefile.com/files/1501428