Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
anon anon is offline

Default VLOOKUP OR MATCH FORMULA

I've tested and it seems to work for me, but without your exact
spreadsheet i can't say for sure what's happening at your end.

Broken down this is what the formula is doing (so you might spot what
isn't working)

=IF(AND(VLOOKUP($G$1,$C$2:$D$11,1,FALSE)=$G$1, find the value in g1
somewhere in the range c2:d11

VLOOKUP($F$2,$A$2:$B$11,1,FALSE)=$F$2) now find the value in f2
somewhere in the range c2:d11

VLOOKU**P($F$2,$A$2:$B$11,2,FALSE),0) if both found then find the
value of f2 somewhere in the range a2:b11 and return the value 1
column to the right of where it is found

I think the problem may lie in the fact that you don't want to search
for what is in F2 every time. If so post back and we can adjust.