Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick C. Simonds Patrick C. Simonds is offline

Default Conditional Format / VLookup

Thanks, that's exactly what I ended up doing.

"Joel" wrote in message
Sorry I didn't check the solution in a conditional format. The next best
solution is to use an auxilary column on the same worksheet. Put the
VLOOKUP
statement in a cell on the worksheet where you want the conditional
format.
The put the if statment in the condition format using the auxilary column

put in IV1
=LOOKUP(A1,'WorkShifts Monday'!$A:$A,'WorkShifts Monday'!$U:$U)

then in A1 conditional format
=IF(IV1="Large",TRUE,FALSE)

"Patrick C. Simonds" wrote:

Thanks for your reply. It seems you can not reference another worksheet
when using VLookup within a conditional format.

"Joel" wrote in message
This code works as a regular equation on a worksheet and will also work
in
conditional formatiing. Change the look value A1 as required. Make
sure
got the sheet name correct. because you have a space in the sheet name
you
must put a single quote around the sheet name.

=IF(LOOKUP(A1,'WorkShifts Monday'!$A:$A,'WorkShifts
Monday'!$U:$U)="Large",TRUE,FALSE)

"Patrick C. Simonds" wrote:

What I would like to do is have a conditional format which looks at
the
value of the cell then find the matching value on the WorkShifts
Monday
worksheet (that value would be found in column A and then when it
finds
that
look at Column U. If the value in column U is "Large" I want to set
the
cell
shading to blue ( I know how to set the format if the condition is met
it
is
everything before that I can not figure out).

The range for WorkShifts Monday worksheet is A3:U120. I am assuming
that
this would require there to be some sort of VLookUp as part of the
conditional forma.