Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Ivey[_2_] Mark Ivey[_2_] is offline

Default Save & Restore a column

Can you save it to an array and then bring it back in?

I believe it would have to be a Global Array to save the data for any
extended period of time, but I am not totally sure.

How long between the save and the restore? Are there a lot of changes going
on between the save and restore?

Mark Ivey

"kirkm" wrote in message

I've a requirement to save (and restore) an Excel column externally
The rows are 2 to the last one.

I would do this by using a For Next loop which writes each cell
content to a text file, and reads them back the same way.

However there may be a more sophisticated method using ranges
(which I barely understand), with a built in import/export routine?

If anyone has a better method than my loop/text file, would you
let me see it ?

Thanks - Kirk