Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Identify excel embedded charts in powerpoint

If you only need to know if the Workbook is embedded is to check its
IsInPlace property, False if opened in Excel otherwise True. If you need to
know the name of the parent app check the wb's Container name (under an
error handler 'cos it'll error in Excel).

With both methods, if you need to know in the wb's open event postpone and
check in an OnTime macro called from the open event.

b = wb.IsInPlace
On error resume next
s = wb.Container.Name
On error got to 0
If len(s) then etc

Regards,
Peter T

"Nicolo" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to identify vith a VBA code, if the chart that i am editing

is
is embedded in a powerpoint presentation or if is just an excel file

opened
by excel.

My point is to fix the color chart bugs between 2003 and 2007 powerpoint
version.
I would like to reset the color index, if Ia m editing an Excel chart from
powerpoint (wich bugs)

I have tryed the workbook.container property, but it does not work when

you
edit a chart in Excel (I don't understand the purpose of this excel

function
that dies not work in excel ,,,)

Any idea ??

Thanks