Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default Conditional Format / VLookup

I'm not sure I understand your worksheet layout properly. Are you
saying you have a worksheet named "WorkShifts Monday" and you want to
format column A blue if the corresponding column U contains the word
"Large" is that correct?

If so your conditional formatting formula would be:

=U3="Large"

Does that help?

--JP

On Apr 10, 11:10*pm, "Patrick C. Simonds"
wrote:
What I would like to do is have a conditional format which looks at the
value of the cell then find the matching value on the WorkShifts Monday
worksheet (that value would be found in column A and then when it finds that
look at Column U. If the value in column U is "Large" I want to set the cell
shading to blue ( I know how to set the format if the condition is met it is
everything before that I can not figure out).

The range for WorkShifts Monday worksheet is A3:U120. *I am assuming that
this would require there to be some sort of VLookUp as part of the
conditional forma.