Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jitendra Kumar[_2_] Jitendra Kumar[_2_] is offline

Default Adding Combo Box Options Automatically and making it dependent

Dear Excel Experts,

Please help me in getting this done because its very urgently required.. It
will be a great help for me... please
I have two columns of data, Column A contains Category and Column B contains
Task. There are repetitive entries in both the columns. please see the sample
data below:

Category Task
Networking Conduiting - UTP
Networking Laying - UTP
Networking Installation - UTP
Electrical Dedicated Earth
Electrical Ess / Non ess Power
Electrical Conduiting / Laying

What I want to do is, I want to have two combo boxes on a user form with the
names "Category" & "Task" and the "Category" Combo Box should show the
options after extracting the unique entries from column A i.e. Category
column and the "Task" Combo Box should show the Unique entries in Column B
i.e. Task Column. Further more I want that If I select "Electrical" as
Category then the Task Combo Box should show the options available with
"Electrical" Category only and not the options of other Categories like
"Networking".

I hope that I was able to explain what I need and I am seriously looking
forward for a good and useful answer from the experts of this group....

Many Thanks in advance,
Jitendra