Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charlie Charlie is offline

Default Extract Uppercase Letters

Hmmm, I tried it and it "BOMD" on "Bob O. McDuff"

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

You could pass your user name into this function and it will return the
upper case letters that you want...

Function GetUpperCaseLetters(Text As String) As String
Dim X As Long
For X = 1 To Len(Text)
If Mid$(Text, X, 1) Like "[A-Z]" Then
GetUpperCaseLetters = GetUpperCaseLetters & Mid$(Text, X, 1)
End If
Next
End Function

Rick

"jnf40" wrote in message
Accidentally posted to Excel General Questions earlier.
Using VBA how would I have the username like Joseph T. Smith be JTS in a
cell? The name could be any length, and if there is not a middle initial
such
as Pete Loveless it would be PL.
Thanks for any and all advice and examples.