Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
j j is offline

Default automaticaly moving information

Rick,

I just tried to save my file as a xls extention and I got the following
errors:

VBA 3821b - Internal Error 2709

and when asked to repair it, I got the next error message:

Windows Installer Error 1603

So, it seems that it's my system that is most likely the problem. Would you
agree?

J.

"J" wrote:

Rick,

I'm using Excel 2000 and, yes, I changed the sheet name to the one that I
have renamed it too.

Also, here's the error:

Compile error
Syntax Error

And the first line is highlighted in Yellow with the second line highlighted
in Blue,

Thanks,

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

What line did you get the "syntax error" on? By the way, I just re-ran the
code here on my system without any problem at all. I am using XL2003... what
version are you using? Out of curiosity, did you remember to change the
Worksheets("Sheet1") reference in the With statement to the name of your
actual sheet?

Rick

"J" wrote in message
HI Rick

I copy and pasted the macro but when I ran it I got a syntex error.

Do my my ranges have to be noted on in the macro?

My ranges a

I2 thru M2 inserted unter D3
N2 thru R2 inserted under D4
S2 thru W2 inserted under D5

And so on ....

I will be putting a math formula at the bottom of the D column when all of
the info has be moved into place.

I hope this makes more sense?

If so, would you tell me how to modify the macro?

Thanks, J.
"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

I am going to try the macro that you gave me, but it's been a very long
time
since I programmed code, so if you can give me any pointers that would
be
appreciated.

Right click the worksheet tab that you want this functionality on, select
View Code from the menu that pops up and Copy/Paste my macro into the
window
that opened up when you did that. Next, back on the worksheet, after your
CSV file is imported into cell I2 through whatever column it end at,
press
Alt+F8, select MoveRow2Data from the list and click Run. That should be
it
(assuming I didn't screw up the code in my macro or that I didn't
misinterpret your question).

Rick