Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan124 Alan124 is offline

Default Simple code makes Excel 2007 crash

On Apr 7, 3:14*pm, "Mathieu" wrote:
Hello All,

I use this code to check if a value changes in a specific column and update
the adjacent cell (one to the right) with today's date.
However, it makes Excel 2007 crash.

Any advice?

*If ((ActiveCell.Column = 6) And (ActiveCell.Row 5)) Then
* * ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = Str(Date)
*End If
End Sub

Thanks!
Mathieu

Hi,

Did this problem lead to damage of your excel file? If so, I think you
can try a utility called Advanced Excel Repair to repair your Excel
xls file. It works rather well for my corrupt Excel xls files. Its web
address is http://www.datanumen.com/aer/

Hope this helps.

Alan