Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Repost: Copy/Paste with format/style

Hi Rob, for what it is worth, I formatted a cell in one workbook with font,
borders and interior color. Used your code, changing only the workbook name,
of course, and it copied everything over. I am using XP xl2003. I also
tried changing some of the option settings in the edit tab and still got
everything copied over. You should not be getting those results on your home
and office sets unless you have something somewhere else in the code you are
running that turns something off.
You need to check the code for all commands that have an ending of Enabled =
False to see if that would affect the copy and paste attributes.

"Rob Parker" wrote:

Thanks Chris,

It certainly doesn't work for me - using Excel 2002 at home, or Excel 2003
at work. That's why I posted the question ;-)

What version of Excel are you using? Or have I perchance got something set
wrong - or at least differently to you - in my Options (not that there's
anything that grabs my attention as being applicable to this)?

Rob

"cht13er" wrote in message
<snip
A manual cut and paste (as well as a manual copy and paste) from one
file to a different file preserves the format for me .... am I missing
something?

ps. if I use your code, which works fine, the formatting is also
copied over ...

Chris