Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
engineer_rich engineer_rich is offline

Default Error opening Word document from Excel VBA code

I am trying to upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007. One problem I am
having is opening a Word document from Excel VBA code. It works fine in 2003
version but not in 2007 version.
Here's the code:
-----
Sub OpenMyDocument()
Dim myDoc As String
myDoc = [full path name of my document in quotes]

Dim myDocument As Document

Set myDocument = Documents.Open(myDoc)
MsgBox "opened"
myDocument.Close
MsgBox "closed"

Set myDocument = Nothing
End Sub
-----

I added a reference to "Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library" for the Excel
2003 version which automatically becomes "Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library"
for the Excel 2007 version.

The error I recieve is: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't
create object" and occurs at the Documents.Open() command. I'm guessing it
chokes on opening the word document.

Anyone have any suggestions for correcting this?