Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maury Markowitz[_2_] Maury Markowitz[_2_] is offline

Default Wrapping a XLL as if it were a DLL

On Apr 8, 3:55*pm, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
Actually seems it is possible to declare an xll just like a dll after all

Sadly William Hooper's excellent site seems to have been terminated for
quite a while, but for anyone that has his demo functions (Anewxll) - I did
this:

This is excellent news Peter, I can't thank you enough! I was trying
to test this myself, but after downloading the XL API from MS I found
that the version will build XLLs that will not run in XL2003, at least
not with modification. Very frustrating, as you might imagine.

I have a request, if I may be so bold. Do you have Access? If so,
could you try the exact same code in Access to see what happens? You
WILL need to use the xlcall32.dll and place it in the same directory
as the xll. You can find this on the 'net very easily. You will also
need to type in the full path to the XLL...

Declare Function Junk1 Lib "c:\myxlldir\whooperX.xll"...

You realize that if this works you've just disproven MS's own
documentation? :-)

Maury