Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Find and Replace and Update Links issue

Hi

the following snippet opens a workbook in Excel 2003, copies a sheet with
the previous month's data and renames it as the current month. It also needs
to replace references to the previous month's workbook with references to the
corresponding month's workbook:

Set tempBk = Workbooks.Open(temp, 0)
Set tempWs = tempBk.Worksheets(prevMon)
tempWs.Copy Befo=tempWs
Set newWs = ActiveSheet
newWs.Name = currMon
newWs.Range("C9:J132").Replace data1Part, data2Part

The problem I am having is that when the replace occurs, each of the
individual cells altered brings up a prompt to update the link to the new
data. Given there are nearly 1000 cells, I don't want the user to have to
answer all of these individually. Is there a way to automate this process?

--
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and
those who don't.