Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cht13er cht13er is offline

Default Select and Print only Text

On Apr 8, 12:34*pm, Debra Ann
wrote:
Microsoft Excel 2003

I have a document that has formulas in every cell. However, only some cells
end up with visible text in them depending on the information that is pulled
into the spreadsheet. *

Is there code that I can use to create a toolbar button that will select and
print only the area that contains the text and not the empty cells with
formulas?
--
Debra Ann

Yes, there's a way - here's how I might do it:

1) In an unused column outside of the print area, paste-special values
of the cells you're checking that may or may not be empty.
(concatenate if you need to)
2) loop through all these values, if the value is null, hide the row
3) print
4) unhide all the rows that were hidden
5) clear the paste-special values

Anyone else have a better idea? (10$ says someone does :P )

HTH
Chris