Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jnf40 jnf40 is offline

Default Check Characters and change as needed

I have a workbook with 3 columns that have information the user inputs.
Columns C and H have 20 rows from 9 to 28 and Column M has 15 rows from 9
to 23. What I need is when the user enters a Vehicle number, which will be 4
or 5 numbers followed by an alpha character, depending on how they enter the
number I always want it to format the same way, and then check for
duplicates, for example: if they enter 3442g or 3442G or 3442-g or 3442-G or
3442 -g or 3442 -G or 3442- g or 3442- G or 3442 - g or 3442 - G etc. it
would always end up showing as 3442-G. The numbers and alpha characters will
always be different and there could be 5 numbers instead of 4 such as
36857-H. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.