BorisS

John, excellent advice. Thanks much. Is there, by chance, a way to save the
chart types I make? In other words, is the custom list something that can be
built upon? I guess it's maybe a moot point, considering the advice that
building from scratch and adjusting seems the way to go, but just thought I'd
ask. Thanks again.
--
Boris

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Boris -

I always tell people not to use the limited selection of "built-in
custom" charts that Excel offers, but to build their own this way. Some
chart types do not accommodate combinations, most notably those with 3D
effects (another good reason to avoid charts with 3D effects), and also
bubble charts. But you can combine pretty much any other types. Here's
an article about combination charts and a list of examples:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

BorisS wrote:

very nice. So I take it that this it the way to do all combinations? Get
the base (majority) done first, then just take any one series and convert it
to a different type? Can you do more than two types on a chart? If so, is
there a limit?

This is great. Opens up quite a set of possibilities for getting creative.
Does second axis pose a problem in these cases, if converting to that? Any
sorts of tips to avoid?

Thx so much.