Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pgarcia pgarcia is offline

Default Text file out put

Hello all,
New challenge (maybe): I have a need to make a text file in the follow format,
STD 001 001 C 00001 0032.10
through
STD 001 001 R 00100 0050.91
and
STD 001 002 C 00001 0025.00
through
STD 001 002 R 00100 0037.72
ect.
So, my problem is this:
1) Need to paste and copy data from 1st & 2nd tab to the €œout put€ tab),
Columns A and B (note: there are more columns that will need to be copied and
pasted later).
2) Need to paste and copy data from 4 other tabs to the €œout put€ tab,
Columns A and B but only if user select from a drop down menu, it will need
to know what tab and what column to choose.
Example: 1st tab has column A €œSTD 001 001 C 00001€ (A1- A102) and B has
€œ0032.10€ (B1-B102). Need to copy A1-B102 and paste to €œout put€ tab. Then it
will copy A1-B102 from the 2nd tab and paste below the data from 1st tab.
Both tabs data is static. Now, with a drop down menu, user will be able to
select one of the following €œ4900,4910,4915 or 4920€. The data is in tab
€œ4900€, tab €œ4910€ ect. The VB code will need to copy the correct tab and
data to be paste after the data in the €œout put€ tab. And finally, with a
drop down menu, user will be able to select one of the following
€œ1900,1910,1915 or 1920€ and also needs to chose a state. The data is in tab
€œ1900€ 1lb, tab €œ1900€ 50lb, €œ1900€ 100lb. The VB code will need to copy the
correct tab and data to be paste after the data in the €œout put€ tab and then
loop through it all so that all data has been pasted to the €œout put€ tab.
From there I have a VB code to concatenate the data and out put to a text
file.
Does this make sense? I can email you what I have if that helps.

Thanks