Mark

Default I would like to open a new instance of Excel each time I double-click on a xls file

HELP

I use multiple monitors and often have to work on a number of files at the
same time.

Word allows me to have multiple windows open and I can mimise them (each
one) to the task bar as and when they are not needed.

I need to be able to do the same in EXCEl !!!!!

Does any one have a nice workaround, other than a number of short cuts to
dummy files "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" /
c:\dummy\file1.xls. As to date this my only way has been to open a new
instance of EXCEL and then selecting the file I actually want.

I am sure there must be a simple setting, but I just can not find it.

Thanks in advance