Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Excel / Outlook Express

These resources are more appropriate (I think):
http://www.outlookcode.com/
http://www.slipstick.com/

If you can't find an answer there, than you probably can't do what you want
to do...however VBA is very powerful so if at first you don't succeed, try,
try again.

Regards,
Ryan---
--
RyGuy

"IanKR" wrote:

Hi. I am wondering if it is possible to use OLE automation from Excel to
create rules in Outlook express? I cannot find any 'Macros' type options
in
Outlook Express so am not sure if it will be possible.

I want to be able to automatically create rules to send a reply to
messages
with certain words in the Subject. There is a reference number that will
change for each message and I want to reply with a specific message for
each
'item'.

Further to JP's reply, I'm fairly certain that OE doesn't expose expose
itself via an object model in the same way that Outlook does. So the answer
to your question is "no".