Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Count rows, post result in new book

Here is the original code with added pop ups to select open and save files so
you don't have to modifiy code each time you want a new file name.

I work on the additional changes.

Private Sub OpenTextFile001()

fileToOpen = Application _
.GetOpenFilename("Text Files (*.txt), *.txt")

With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
"TEXT;" & fileToOpen, _
Destination:=Range("A1"))
.Name = "Sjoerd"
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.PreserveFormatting = True
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
.SavePassword = False
.SaveData = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.RefreshPeriod = 0
.TextFilePromptOnRefresh = False
.TextFilePlatform = 437
.TextFileStartRow = 1
.TextFileParseType = xlDelimited
.TextFileTextQualifier = xlTextQualifierDoubleQuote
.TextFileConsecutiveDelimiter = False
.TextFileTabDelimiter = True
.TextFileSemicolonDelimiter = False
.TextFileCommaDelimiter = True
.TextFileSpaceDelimiter = False
.TextFileColumnDataTypes = Array(1, 1, 1)
.TextFileTrailingMinusNumbers = True
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With
End Sub

Private Sub Format()
Rows("1:1").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "bla"
Range("B1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "blabla"
Range("C1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "blablabla"
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Sheets("Sheet1").Name = "mysheet1"
Columns("B:B").Select
Selection.TextToColumns _
Destination:=Range("B1"), _
DataType:=xlDelimited, _
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, _
ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, _
Tab:=True, _
Semicolon:=False, _
Comma:=False, _
Space:=False, _
Other:=False, _
FieldInfo:=Array(1, 2), _
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True
End Sub

Private Sub Save001()
ChDir "A:\Anotherserver"
fileSaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( _
fileFilter:="Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls")

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs _
Filename:=fileSaveName, _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, _
Password:="", _
WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _
CreateBackup:=False
End Sub

Private Sub Nextfile()
Cells.Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
Sheets("Product").Select
Sheets("Product").Name = "Sheet1"
End Sub

"Jumparound" wrote:

On 7 apr, 14:54, "Otto Moehrbach"
wrote:
Not sure of what you want. The row number of the last row of, say, Column A,
is:
RowNum=Range("A" & rows.count).end(xlup).row
If you have a header row and you don't want to count it in the number of
rows, you would subtract 1 from the RowNum. Does this help? Otto"Jumparound" wrote in message

Hello,

first of all, im not a programmer.
I do this to automate an very very boring task @ work.

This is what i do.
I import a text file into excel.
I add our layout to the sheet.
I write down the number of rows.
Then I save it with a new name.

this x 35.

Now, this is what i did in VBA (detail are not that important)

Call OpenTextFile001
Call Format
Call Save001
Call Nextfile
Call OpenTextFile002
Call Format
Call Save002
Call Nextfile

I made a macro of every step. This way somebody else can open the
macro and edit it with new information when im not at the office.

The only thing i havnt managed to solve is the Number of rows part.
I want to copy the numer of rows to a new workbook for each file I
process.
There is a very specific order in wich the files are processed, so all
I need in a new sheet would be a number.

Could someone help me with a SUB?- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Oke, thats what i want yes :-)
But how do i copy that value to a new workbook?

tnx!