Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default Count rows, post result in new book

Not sure of what you want. The row number of the last row of, say, Column A,
is:
RowNum=Range("A" & rows.count).end(xlup).row
If you have a header row and you don't want to count it in the number of
rows, you would subtract 1 from the RowNum. Does this help? Otto
"Jumparound" wrote in message
Hello,

first of all, im not a programmer.
I do this to automate an very very boring task @ work.

This is what i do.
I import a text file into excel.
I add our layout to the sheet.
I write down the number of rows.
Then I save it with a new name.

this x 35.

Now, this is what i did in VBA (detail are not that important)

Call OpenTextFile001
Call Format
Call Save001
Call Nextfile
Call OpenTextFile002
Call Format
Call Save002
Call Nextfile

I made a macro of every step. This way somebody else can open the
macro and edit it with new information when im not at the office.

The only thing i havnt managed to solve is the Number of rows part.
I want to copy the numer of rows to a new workbook for each file I
process.
There is a very specific order in wich the files are processed, so all
I need in a new sheet would be a number.

Could someone help me with a SUB?