Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mathieu[_2_] Mathieu[_2_] is offline

Default Simple code makes Excel 2007 crash

Your post just made me realized that this was a rookie-mistake!

When you change the value of the adjacent cell using offset, this doesn't
change which cell is activated, so the 'IF' condition is still true, which
starts a recurring loop.

Changed the code to this crappy version:

If ActiveCell.Column = 6 And ActiveCell.Row 5 Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Activate
ActiveCell.Value = Date
End If

Thanks All for your help!
Mathieu

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Did you put an entry in Column 6 with Row 5 when you tested it? I ask
because that code crashes for me also and I think the reason is the
unchained set of Worksheet_Change event calls that the first entry
initiates.

Rick

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi Mathieu

No problem here
Do you have the same problem in a new workbook

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mathieu" schreef in bericht
Hello All,

I use this code to check if a value changes in a specific column and
update
the adjacent cell (one to the right) with today's date.
However, it makes Excel 2007 crash.

Any advice?

If ((ActiveCell.Column = 6) And (ActiveCell.Row 5)) Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = Str(Date)

Thanks!
Mathieu