Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1645_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1645_] is offline

Default Decimal point

See inline comments...

When did you tell us you were using Excel 2007? I think you'll find the
majority of Excel users have not moved up to XL2007, so most of the
answers
here lean to the prior versions. For future questions you may post, it
would
be a good idea to include that fact that you are using XL2007 so that
those
able to answer your question as it relates to that version will be
alerted.

As to JLGWhiz's suggestion (which I don't know if it will solve your
problem
or not), you will find that option by clicking on the Office Button and
then
on Excel Options, select the Advanced item from the left-hand listing an
look to the lower part of the Editing Options section in the dialog area
on
the right side. Uncheck the "Use system separators" checkbox and enter
the
appropriate separators in the indicated textboxes.

Im not very familiar with neither Excel or VB. Actually it is the first
time
im trying do something with it. I didnt know that all you sharks didnt use
2007 - so sorry about that.

It's not that *we* don't have XL2007, it is that most people asking
questions on the newsgroups don't have it. So, when the version of Excel
isn't mentioned, we assume the version is not XL2007 (whose user interface
is different than its predecessors).

But I still cant find what you are suggesting.

The Office Button is that big round icon in the upper left corner of the
Excel window. If you click it, you will see a dialog box; at the bottom of
the dialog box are two buttons; the left one is labeled "Excel Options". If
you click it, a new dialog box appears with a listing of items along the
left hand side. One of those items is "Advanced"; click it and the right
hand panel will change. The option I was referring you to is located in the
section with the header of "Editin options" (it's the first section in the
panel). At the bottom of that section (just above the section header "Cut,
copy, and paste") is a check box labeled "Use system separators" which
should be checked by default. If you uncheck it, the two textboxes (labeled
"Decimal separator" and "Thousands separator") will become active and you
can change the separator symbols that Excel will use from them.

But I'm in the proces of changing my code so that I use variables instead
of
using cells directly.

<<<<snip

I seems to do the job.

So then I guess we can assume your problem is solved at this point.

Rick