Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DBme DBme is offline

Default a Macro for importing & parsing text?

I have a system that creates a delimited text file that I can import into
Excel using the "get external data from text file" option and ... after
answering all the question, imports just fine.

The problem is that this text file contains 160 different sections that have
to be imported into Excel into 160 different locations, so the job becomes
ponderous.

Since I have some control over the input text (as long as it stays text) I
could add any kind of "section_1_starts_here" and/or "section_1_ends_here"
markers in the text.

My questions are 1) Can a macro be created to import this data and 2) how
complex/intelligent would that Macro have to be?