Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim May Jim May is offline

Default Looping thorugh Listboxs to populate with name range

Dave:
I used you code (modified to reflect my rangename assignment is to Sheet1),
But I'm currently getting:

R/T 381 - cannot set the list property - Invalid Property array index.

Any insight for me?

Thaks,

Jim

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Are these listboxes from the Control toolbox toolbar?

Did you name them nicely (Listbox1, listbox2, listbox3, listbox4)?

If yes to both...

I put the named ranges on Sheet2 and the listboxes on sheet1:

Dim iCtr As Long
For iCtr = 1 To 4
Worksheets("sheet1").OLEObjects("Listbox" & iCtr).Object.List _
= Worksheets("sheet2").Range("List" & iCtr).Value
Next iCtr

If these are listboxes from the Forms toolbar, the code changes:

Dim iCtr As Long
For iCtr = 1 To 4
Worksheets("sheet1").ListBoxes("List box " & iCtr).List _
= Worksheets("sheet2").Range("List" & iCtr).Value
Next iCtr

This expects that these listboxes are named nicely, too:
List Box 1, List Box 2, List Box 3, List Box 4

CmK wrote:

Hi

I have four listboxs on one sheet how do i
loop through all the listboxs on one Worksheet then populate them with named
range

Named range are List1,List2,List3 and List4
So i need List1 to be populated in the first Listbox
then List2 to be populate into the second Listbox
etc....

Example

sub poplistboxx()
Dim listbox as object