Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cht13er cht13er is offline

Default Auto Filter Macro

On Apr 4, 7:16 pm, "Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk
wrote:
Hi

I don't understand why you would not wish to use the power of Autofilter,
which is so fast (and easy).
If you don't want the Autofilter dropdowns to show, you could just hide
them.

dim colnum as Integer, c as range
Column = 10 ' change to suit

For Each c In Range(Cells(testrow, 1), Cells(testrow1, colnum))
c.AutoFilter Field:=c.Column, _
Visibledropdown:=False

Next

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"cht13er" wrote in message

On Apr 1, 8:00 pm, "Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk
wrote:
Hi Tom

Take a look at the code in the FastFilter utility that I wrote, which is
available athttp://www.contextures.com/Fastfilter.zip
orhttp://excelusergroup.org/files/folders/allversionwb/entry1194.aspx

Maybe that will help you.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Tom" wrote in message

Would like to create code which will allow someone to type in a
specific number then would sort the spreedsheet to show just rows
that
have that specific number. I know you can do this with just using the
autofilter drop down, but I want to make it more user friendly buy
just having them type it in a cell then click a button.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom- Hide quoted text -

That's a great utility! I now plan on using that same idea .. except
without the autofilter (I'd just hide rows) ... saweeet!

That's a good point, Roger - I didn't think of that :) I'll take a
look at what that looks like, now :)
Chris