Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
timmg timmg is offline

Default How to delete Connections from Excel

On Apr 4, 12:07*pm, erick-flores wrote:
Hello all

I have a Workbook that has 4 pivot tables. Each PT has its own ODBC
connection.

I have a button that sends the workbook via email, but I want to
remove/delete all the connections from the PivotTables because I dont
want the email receiver to be able to refresh the data.

Any ideas? * *I am using Excel 2003.

Thanks in advance!

You can choose not to save the data with the Pivot Table - it's an
option in the wizard. The net effect is that the user has a snapshot
of the pivot table at the point you saved it.

If you want the user to have the option to manipulate the data you may
wish to either attach the data to the workbook or maybe create a
compainion db (such as Microsoft Access) that could allow the user to
control the pivot table while you control the data.

Good luck.

Tim Mills-Groninger