Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BW BW is offline

Default "Macros are corrupted and have been deleted" message

I love newsgroups! Thanks so much for all the quick replies! I have just
finished an online chat with McAfee and it doesn't appear that the antivirus
software is the problem (same message still appears when all of McAfee is
turned off.)

Perhaps this may affect the situation - I previously had Office XP on this
computer. I recently installed Excel 2007 (not all of Office 2007, but just
the Excel piece - mainly because I had to switch the Excel for work but
didn't want to have to learn the new version of Word at the same time -so now
I actually have Excel 2003 as well as Excel 2007 on this computer.) So it
seem that this could maybe cause some sort of problem. But here is my next
problem - I just went to try to uninstall the Office XP and I don't seem to
be able to - it says "the installation source for this product is not
available. Verify that the source exists and you can obtain it."

Not sure what this means! I put in my original Office XP CD, thinking that
would be what it wants, but I still get this same message. Any ideas about
how I can get past this message to be able to uninstall Office XP and then
try installing Office 2007 to see if that fixes my original problem? Again,
thanks much for any help you can give.

"Castell" wrote:

Uninstall & reinstall Office. Create a new user account and use that. If
that doesn't work rebuild your machine. Its possible that a 3rd party
component is interfering so without knowing what is causing the problem a
rebuild is usually the quickest and easiest solution.

"BW" wrote in message
When I open a workbook (in Excel 2007) that contains a macro, I get the
following message every time:
The Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros in this workbook are
corrupted and have been deleted. The macro corruption most likely exists
in
the current file. To recover the macros, open a backup copy of this file
if
you have one.

However, I know that there isn't a corruption problem with the workbook
because I can take this same workbook and open it on another computer
without
problem - and with the macros present and running fine. This has happened
on
every workbook I have tried to open (that contains macros) - lots of them.
So it isn't a problem with a workbook - it is something on my computer. I
teach and I need to open and grade students' workbooks - and they contain
macros! So I don't know what to do! I would appreciate any suggestions
you
can give.