Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ivyleaf Ivyleaf is offline

Default dynamically reference the rows and columns as R78C15

On Apr 5, 2:59*am, ryguy7272
wrote:
On a sheet called Summary, I used the counta function to get the number of
columns and the number or rows that are used in MergeSheet. *There are 78
rows and 15 columns. *However, this number will change constantly. *How can I
dynamically reference the rows and columns as R78C15?
"MergeSheet!R1C1:R78C15")

Thanks,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

Hi Ryan,

From what you have said, I think a dynamic named range would be the
best solution. Go to 'Insert' - 'Name' - 'Define'. Type a name in
the box (MergeData or something) and then this in the 'Refers to:'
box:

=OFFSET(MergeSheet!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(MergeSheet!$A:$ A),COUNTA(MergeSheet!
$1:$1))

Whenever you want to reference the data, just use the name of the
range in the formula. For example =SUM(INDEX(MergeData,,2)) would give
you the sum of the numbers in column 2 of the range.

Cheers,
Ivan.