Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NateBuckley NateBuckley is offline

Default VBA - A Problem with Dates.

Greetings intrepid VBA users!

I have a problem, a problem with dates.

I have a Constant criteria of 20

I also have a data range of different records that contain two dates,

DateFrom - the date the holiday starts
DateTo - The date the holiday ends

I'm trying to check when a user requests a new hoilday it will check all
these records, and see if this new holiday (which contains two dates, dateTo,
dateFrom) can be processed. It CAN'T be processed if 20 hoildays from records
are in affect when the user wants a holiday.

E.G

I have a bucket load of holidays, 20 of these already exist from 04/04/08 to
06/04/08.

Can't except anymore for them dates, BUT I can't also accept any dates that
partially cover these dates so if the user inputted DateTo = 05/04/08 to
08/04/08 that would also tell the user that he'd have to change dates.

Thank you in advance for any help given!

I hope I have explained myself clearly, if not, then I'll attemp to explain
again.
I think I may just need a clever IF statement in vba code, not sure though.