Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jialiang Ge [MSFT] Jialiang Ge [MSFT] is offline

Default Text import wizard bug

Hello J.W.Zondag,

Welcome to Microsoft Newsgroup Support Service! And Thank you for reporting
the "Decimal Separator", "Thousands Separator" problem to us. I am Jialiang
Ge from Microsoft, and will help you with the issue.

Microsoft Office development group has admitted the issue that separators
are unexpectedly ignored in Excel 2007 and they work fine in Office 2003 or
XP. We are looking at it for a fix in Office 2007 Service Pack 2. I cannot
promise the release date of SP2, but I can notify you as soon as it's
published. A workaround in short run is to use a macro to do the import
job, as Joel suggested.

Again, sorry for the inconveniences resulting from the Excel problem and
thank you for the great feedback. I believe that other community members
will also benefit from your experience sharing. Without the input of
numerous intelligent and warmhearted customers like you, our MSDN Managed
Newsgroup can never be as comprehensive and helpful as it is today. I
appreciate your time and efforts. If you have any other concerns or
questions feel free to let me know.

Regards,
Jialiang Ge , remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support