Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cht13er cht13er is offline

Default Re : Excel VBA with Run to Reset

On Apr 3, 9:18 pm, wrote:
Thank you for all the responses.

1. My case. There are 2 worksheets in the workbook.

2. The worksheets share the same set of macros (those things are meant
to be reusable one way or the other ; that's a good thing to be.
Thanks-giving).

2. Now, Sheet1 would run the macros OK now and again.

3. Then, there comes the turn when Sheet2 should run the macros ......
and there, the macros do not run as expected at the first attempt.

4. But, wait a jiffy ; go to VBE, click Run Reset and return to
Sheet2 again. This time, the macros would run fine, now and again.

5. Until ......, it enters Sheet1's turn to run the macros again.

6. And, you would guess it precisely that ....... wait a jiffy ; go to
VBE, click Run Reset and return to Sheet1 again. Then, the macros
would run fine, now and again.

7. By then, it's clear that switching from one worksheet to another
would behoove Run Reset prior to running the macros thereof.

8. And therefore, it has become desirable to execute Run Reset (such
a mundane task ..... automatically, since Excel is simply good at
alleviating the menial ones) upon switching between the worksheets.

9. And that means that a macro to effect Run Reset can be instituted
under WorkSheet_Activate() in order to offer that much convenience as
desired.

10. Again, Please share your experience.

11. Regards.

OK, I think I understand a little more what you need now.

Please post the macro you're using, and state where it lives (in a
module, etc...) and how it's called up (a button, worksheet_change,
etc).

If you do that, I think you'll get answers :)

Chris