Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Copy charts and remove links to original source data

Hi Sarah,

Simple way is to copy the chart as a picture manually or programmatically as
Ivan suggests, other approaches can be difficult. I have an beta Com-addin
that covers most related requirements, briefly -

Remove links to cells, data moved to series formulas (small data only) or
move data to named array formulas (large data).

Dump source data from chart (whether linked to cells or in formulas) to a
new cell range and optionally re-source the dumped data back to the chart
(replacing the original source).

Contact me if interested (replace the missing punctuation in address below).

Regards,
Peter T
pmbthornton gmail com

"Sarah (OGI)" wrote in message
I've got a workbook with multiple worksheets. For every one worksheet

with a
pivot table, there is a corresponding worksheet containing a chart

relating
to that data source.

Via a macro, I'd like to be able to select all sheets containing '(Chart)'
in the worksheet name and copy them out into another workbook. Would I do
this by selecting each sheet and doing a 'move/copy' to a new workbook?
Once the sheets are exported, is there an easy way to remove all links to

the
source data?

The idea is to use the initial workbook to update the source data and

charts
on a monthly basis, then distribute the charts as a separate document.

The
recipients of such information (both internal and external contacts)

should
not be able to access the original source data.

Many thanks in advance - my vb skills/knowledge is limited.

Cheers