Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Per Jessen Per Jessen is offline

Default Need Help - How do I stop using select

Hi

No need to select cells, it is slowing down your code.

Look at this:

i = 16
While Not IsEmpty(Cells(i, 1))
Range("I15").Copy
Cells(i, 9).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Cells(i, 9)
Range("J15").Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Cells(i, 10)
Range("K15").Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Cells(i, 11)
i = i + 1
Wend

Best regards,
Per

"General Specific" skrev i meddelelsen

The following code checks for data in the first cell in the row and
then copies and pastes the formulas. This pastes the correct formulas
to a row if data is present.

The problem is, Application.screenupdate=false does not work since
each select command turns it back on.

So, this code is slow. how do I fix this?

i = 16
While Not IsEmpty(Cells(i, 1))

Range ("I15")
Selection.Copy