Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Bar graph with pop-up box or hyper-link

These things are possible, but they require programming to respond to events
(mouse hovering and clicking) in the chart. I wrote an article on chart
events which is published he

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

It doesn't say how to do exactly what you want to do, but it gets you
partway.

Tushar Mehta has a utility on his web site that allows you to define custom
hover labels for chart points. Look for Chart Hover Labels on his web site:

http://tushar-mehta.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"pgarcia" wrote in message
I'm being asked if this is possible. I have a bar graph with dollar
amounts.
The graph takes it's data on a different tab. In cell A1 is the batch
number
(e.g. 1MLCLSPTCH040108), B1 is the dollar amount and C1 is Batch/Receipt
Status (e.g. Warning). Is there a VB code that will do the following:
1) If hovering over the bar, it will display the dollar amount but also
show
the two adjacent cell data next to it?
or
2) Click on the bar and hyper-link to the cell that the data is coming
from?

Thanks