Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sarah (OGI) Sarah (OGI) is offline

Default Copy charts and remove links to original source data

I've got a workbook with multiple worksheets. For every one worksheet with a
pivot table, there is a corresponding worksheet containing a chart relating
to that data source.

Via a macro, I'd like to be able to select all sheets containing '(Chart)'
in the worksheet name and copy them out into another workbook. Would I do
this by selecting each sheet and doing a 'move/copy' to a new workbook?
Once the sheets are exported, is there an easy way to remove all links to the
source data?

The idea is to use the initial workbook to update the source data and charts
on a monthly basis, then distribute the charts as a separate document. The
recipients of such information (both internal and external contacts) should
not be able to access the original source data.

Many thanks in advance - my vb skills/knowledge is limited.

Cheers