Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dransfield dransfield is offline

Default Forms - PITA?!!! (Rant Alert!)

On 2 Apr, 14:50, "Jon Peltier" wrote:
I abandoned ControlSource and RowSource soon after I discovered these
properties. It's too complicated to set up, it's hard to account for
changing ranges, it ties forms too closely to worksheets, and it drastically
reduces flexibility.

I dump whatever worksheet data I need into arrays, pass these into the
forms, use code behind the forms to put the arrays into whatever controls
need the data, then pass the data back through other arrays. It sounds like
more work, but it makes it much easier and more robust.

Come to think of it, although I use RowSource, it is a struggle. For
my next project I'm going to do everything with arrays as you
describe.
Dz