Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Input Dialogue Box

Sorry! I was having a Seniors moment when I said "When you create a Text Box,
it creates an associated Label" that's in Access.

OssieMac

"OssieMac" wrote:

Am I correct in assuming that you want all these boxes to display
simultaneously? If so, then Text Boxes and Labels might do what you want.

You can use Labels to display data and Text Boxes to enter data. When you
create a Text Box, it creates an associated Label but if you dont want the
associated Label, you can delete it.

The Labels and Text Boxes can be inserted directly on worksheets or in Forms
created via the VBA editor.

To access Labels and Text Boxes:-

Xl2007: Click the Insert button in the Controls group on the Developer
ribbon. If Developer ribbon not visible, then see Help on how to display it.
There are two types of controls, Forms controls and ActiveX controls. Its my
opinion that the ActiveX are the preferable ones to use.

Pre xl2007 the ActiveX controls are on the Toolbox toolbar. The Forms
controls are on the Forms toolbar.

If using ActiveX controls, you need to be in Design mode to edit the
controls. This automatically turns on when the control is created but you
need to turn it off when finished setting the required properties before you
can use the control and turn it back on if you need to do more editing. The
Design button looks like a Set Square, Ruler and Pencil.

Early versions of xl did not have ActiveX controls. Not sure but I think
they started in xl2000 and before that you only have Forms controls.

Hope this helps and feel free to get back to me.

OssieMac

"amit" wrote:

i need some abstract guidence around using dialogue boxes as an interface to
both display information and then get information back from the user in the
same dialogue box. potential i need to be able to display say ten boxes of
informative data and then 5 boxes where the user enters some $ values.

i dont need the actuall code but any directional input as to how this can be
achiaved will be helpful