Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brian Murphy Brian Murphy is offline

Default html chm help file won't launch from VBA, sometimes

I've tried, although not exhaustively just yet, to find a repeatable
set of circumstances that leads to the failure to display.

I'm getting ready to ship a new release of my Excel application to my
users. I want to make the switch from old style HLP to HTML CHM help
because Vista doesn't autmatically support HLP, evidently for security
reasons. I'm pretty happy with how my converted CHM file has turned
out (I use ForeHelp).

This little problem of occasionally losing the ability to display the
CHM file is the only open issue.

When I figure it out, I'll post back what I found. Hopefully sooner
than later.

Brian

On Mar 26, 3:16 am, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
Your explanation makes sense but I couldn't recreate any problem. I did
this -

Launched achmwith thehtml-help API in my xla
Manually closed thechm
Recompiled the xla with Debug - Compile
Re-launched thechmwith the API - worked fine.