Shrikant

Default Number OK in multiplication, NOT in Sum ?

My A/c s/w exports data to Excel in Indian Number formats with lacs comma at
5th place. I have to remove (with Find - Replace command) this comma in order
for excel to make it amenable for processing. Strangely, after removing the
comma, I I can do valid multiplications on the numeric data. However, when I
try to do the Sum of the data range, it gives 'Zero' result ! When I do the
further refinement of the numbers by 'Value ( )' function, the data gives
correct result with 'Sum ( )' function. I discovered this after sweating it
out for a long time.
--
Shrikant