Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Mike is offline

Default Code to compare

Sub somethingSimple()
Const whatColumn = "A" 'Change to your needs
Dim looper As Long 'looper = 5 Starting row of data
Dim lastToCheckRow As Long
Dim cellPointer As Variant

lastToCheckRow = Range(whatColumn & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For looper = 1 To lastToCheckRow
Set cellPointer = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(looper, 1)
If cellPointer < cellPointer.Offset(0, 1) Then
MsgBox "Range(" & cellPointer.Address & ")" _
& " does not match Range(" & _
cellPointer.Offset(0, 1).Address & ")"
End If
Next looper
End Sub

"acss" wrote:

It is really something simple like if user typed in column A the amount of
100 then Column b should automatically have that value and should it not
then a message box would appear or some sort of error flag.

"Mike" wrote:

Maybe if you could give me some more info. And what your data looks like in
the spreedsheet. I could cook you up something

"acss" wrote:

Is there code that would perform a compare btween two columns and should the
values not be the same then a yes/no message box can appear to alert the
user?